The mission of the Mu Sigma Upsilon Foundation is to provide essential support, secure and provide financial resources for the educational, leadership and charitable purposes of Mu Sigma Upsilon Sorority, Inc. in order to enrich the lives of alumnae and collegiate members and assist in improving the community in which they serve.
Empower women educationally and culturally to aim in enriching the lives of the community.
Goals and Objectives
The Mu Sigma Upsilon Foundation aspires to become a leading philanthropic organization with a vision:
- To advance the mission, vision, and goals of Mu Sigma Upsilon Sorority, Inc.
- To foster communication and education among the community.
- To support leadership and higher education for all women regardless of race, religion, or creed.
- To empower and enrich women to become influential models in society.
- To inspire engagement in lifelong community responsibility and philanthropic engagement.
- To seed partnerships with other organizations working on local and international disaster relief operations.
The Mu Sigma Upsilon Foundation offers scholarships to the sisters of Mu Sigma Upsilon as well as high school community leaders to help offset the cost of their college education.
The Mu Sigma Upsilon Foundation offers grants to entities of Mu Sigma Upsilon (Undergraduate Chapters, Aretias Graduate Chapters, and Districts) to apply for funds to help offset costs of their on-campus or community programs.
Through the MUnited Nations Program, the Mu Sigma Upsilon Foundation provides financial assistance to support different stages for local and international disaster relief operations.
Please see the foundation business plan for more information.